This session convened distinguished scholars Prof. Per Borghammer, Prof. Beomseok Jeon, Prof. Tiago Outeiro, and Prof. Erwan Bezard to delve into the intricacies and challenges surrounding the diagnosis and understanding of Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
1. Welcome and introductions, Dr. Jamie L. Eberling (5 minutes)
2. Current challenges in the diagnosis of PD, Prof. Per Borghammer (15 minutes)
3. α-syn pathology in the eye & gut, Prof. Beomseok Jeon (15 minutes)
4. α-syn in the blood as a possible biomarker, Prof. Tiago Outeiro (15 minutes)
5. Modeling spreading of α-syn pathology from the gut to the brain, Prof. Erwan Bezard (15 minutes)
6. Q&A + Panel discussion, All faculty (20 minutes)
7. Closing remarks, Dr. Jamie L. Eberling (5 minutes)
After this session, participants will be given the tools to:
1. Identify sites of aSyn accumulation outside the brain
2. Discuss the potential of peripheral aSyn as a biomarker
3. Discuss the use of models of aSyn spreading
NOTE! Please make sure you Log In or Register before you click this link.